On the night of August 14, CBI agent Greg Zentner was dispatched to Boulder to interview the most crucial witness in the Watts case. The transcript below is an excerpt from a 72 page document spanning 3223 lines of text.
CrimeRocket is the first to reproduce and analyze this critical transcript in-depth. The entire transcript has been broken down into 15 sections.
The second part includes:
- Confirmation that their flight was supposed to land at 23:25. It arrived instead at 12:45.
- Shan’ann’s neck was really bothering her [this may have been why she felt out of sorts].
- According to Nickole the doctor’s appointment was at 09:00.
- Shan’ann expected get three hours sleep on Monday, from 02:00 until 05:00 [05:00 was the time Ceecee woke up].
- Chris Watts first version of how the girls and Shan’ann had left the house was to Nickole, telling her “a friend must have picked them up or something…”
- Nickole called Watts three times before he answered at approximately 12:27.
- According to Nickole, Deeter had been “caged”, something they usually did when everyone left the house.
The audio for the above transcript is available here.
The third part includes Nickole’s explanation for why she called the cops when she did.