True Crime Rocket Science [TCRS] is unique. It is preoccupied with the why of crimes and criminals, and thus is above all focused on anthropodicy, aporia and the science of man. We find out why people do what they do by finding out who people are. And who is a function of identity, social dynamics and backstory.
First time here? Click here for information on how to navigate this site.
Through cogent true crime analysis, especially into criminal psychology, we have a unique opportunity to learn to understand those around us, and principally, ourselves.
This page is dedicated to coverage of current crime news, comments, discussions and brief analysis. Use this page for updates on America’s most high-profile criminal cases, as well as to find your way to what’s happening where on True Crime Rocket Science [#tcrs].
Updates include new book releases, news of what’s coming soon, true crime documentary analysis and reviews, interviews and giveaways.
This page also serves as an ongoing archive for true crime news. Your suggestions for true crime news from wherever you are in the world are most welcome.
Follow TCRS on Facebook.
Author’s Amazon Page.
Overflow Coverage: CrimeRocket II.
Guidelines for users of this site: Commentators are urged to examine and interrogate the merits of the cases covered here, rather than malign or attack one another. Argue the case, argue the criminal, argue the law or argue the facts instead of arguing with each other.
December 4th, 2019
1. Chris Watts ‘Criminal Confessions’ Trailer – Oxygen
Shanann Watts And Her Children Have Been ‘Erased Out Of Their Own Murder’ – Oxygen
The Atkinson Transcripts [#1]: “I found Shan’ann’s purse…” – TCRS Patreon
What was Chris Watts’ Most Emotional Moment?
2. Patrick Frazee’s Hit List to Snitch Jacob Bentley [PHOTOS] – CrimeRocket II
November 27th, 2019
2. Kelsey Berreth Murder Suspect’s Secret Ex: He ‘Told Me to Take Care of the Problem’ – The Daily Beast
4. Dresden museum heist: police release dramatic CCTV footage of suspect – The Guardian
5. What actually happened to Vincent van Gogh’s ear? Here are 3 things you should know. – Berkeley Library News
November 24th, 2019
1. 48 Hours – CBS
Excellent documentary on the Kelsey Berreth case.
Kelsey Berreth murder: Crime scene evidence photos – CrimeRocket II
Krystal Kenney Crime Scene Walk-Through Videos – CrimeRocket II
November 21st, 2019
1. 22 Reasons why the AD/CC Version Makes No Sense – CrimeRocket II
Remembrance candle vigil planned for Kelsey Berreth, remembered as ‘shining light’ – The Denver Channel
November 19th, 2019
1. Jury finds Patrick Frazee guilty in murder of fiancee Kelsey Berreth – The Gazette
2. Based on the CrimeRocket post:
Meanwhile on the Armchair Detective YouTube Channel, plenty of drama about witches, witchcraft and the occult. Go grab your pitchforks!
November 14th, 2019
1. The 2nd video listed below seems to be addressed to TCRS. In other words, it’s a debunk of TCRS’ assessment of Watts’ criminal psychology. What do you think? Is she right?
November 13th, 2019
Inside the Mistress’ Mind: Why Kessinger Googled “Expiration Date” on Condoms on 6/27/18
2. Patrick Frazee murder trial: Frazee’s friend testified he said Berreth was ‘never coming back’ – The Denver Channel
“Oh, she’s never coming back!” – PATRICK FRAZEE TRIAL DAY 7
3. Free Giveaway:
November 11th, 2019
1. True Crime In Colorado: Promising New Lines of Inquiry into Nichol Kessinger – CrimeRocket II
ANNIHILATION, the most highly rated book in the TWO FACE series [4.2/5] is now available in paperback at this link.
Chris Watts: The slip in the Sermon on the Driveway that we all Missed
November 10th, 2019
3. SPECIAL: Inside Colorado’s unsolved cold cases
November 9th, 2019
1. Chris Watts: the slip-of-the-tongue that we all Missed [ANALYSIS #2]
2. Cadaver Dogs and Krystal Kenney’s “I like to please” Personality – PATRICK FRAZEE TRIAL DAY 6
November 8th, 2019
2. Krystal Kenney Testifies about Where Kaylee was during Murder – PATRICK FRAZEE TRIAL DAY 5
3. Is There a Link Between Sociopathy and Social Media? – Psychology Today
Why Social Media Is Turning Us All Into Sociopaths – Thought Catalog
November 7th, 2019
November 6th, 2019
1. Dr Phil: “If this could happen to this family it could happen to any family.”
TCRS Assessment: Somewhat true, but also not true. The Watts family wasn’t the average family in many respects. Serious crimes, on the other hand, aren’t the exclusive purview of sociopaths, monsters and narcissists. Ordinary people become murderers every day. It’s only once they’re murderers that they lose their status as “ordinary people”.
3. Financial Mess – PATRICK FRAZEE TRIAL DAY 3
November 5th, 2019
The Neighbor’s Video Surveillance – PATRICK FRAZEE TRIAL DAY 2
November 4th, 2019
1. What does it actually look like when a murderer’s mistress is directly [or even indirectly] involved?
2. The latest Chris Watts conspiracy theory is about a mysterious red car pulling out of the neighbor’s driveway? Could it be an astonishing new twist, or could it be the neighbor’s own car pulling out on her way to gym? Or is the red car actually an alien space ship?
The image below was taken from Black Mesa road around the corner from the Watts home immediately prior to Watts arriving home at about 14:10 on Monday, August 13th, 2018. The conspiracy theorists want you to believe the red car was parked at or near the crime scene for 10 hours following the crime, and that it was somehow actively involved. The alternative? It was a neighborhood car parked on a neighborhood driveway belonging to someone who lives in the neighborhood.
But who wants to believe that when the alternative is so exciting? What if the car belonged to [fill in your preferred suspect]?
November 3rd, 2019
1. The Tenth Biggest WTF Moment in the Chris Watts case
November 2nd, 2019
1. The Ninth Biggest WTF Moment in the Chris Watts Case
November 1st, 2019
1. The Eighth Biggest WTF Moment in the Chris Watts Case
Krystal Lee Kenney primed for key witness role in Patrick Frazee murder trial – The Denver Channel
3. Amanda Knox to pen advice column for Seattle newspaper – The Guardian
4. Nikolas Cruz PreTrial Hearing – Court Date set for January 27, 2020
Nikolas Cruz back in court for hearing
October 31st, 2019
1. The Seventh Biggest WTF Moment in the Chris Watts Case
EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: ‘She was a good mom.’ Casey Anthony’s mother reveals she would be ‘happy’ if her estranged daughter decides to have another baby and maintains Caylee’s death was an ‘accident’ – Daily Mail
October 30th, 2019
TCRS Audio Analysis of this article coming soon.
The Sixth Biggest WTF Moment in the Chris Watts Case
October 29th, 2019
1. The Fifth Biggest WTF Moment in the Chris Watts Case
3. Robert Durst Pretrial Hearing – CrimeRocket II
4. Vincent van Gogh Superstar – Arte TV
October 28th, 2019
1. The Fourth Biggest WTF Moment in the Chris Watts Case
3. Amanda Knox: “Don’t try to find the answer in my eyes” – Debunking Gladwell #7
October 25th, 2019
1. Just how big a deal were the finances in the Watts case?
October 24th, 2019
1. SILVER FOX, the first book in a brand new series, is available now exclusively on Amazon Kindle and Kindle Unlimited.
October 23rd, 2019
1. Chris Watts Mindgames – Have you been Outfoxed?
Chris Watts: OXY And His Psychology
TCRS: Interesting that neither Scott Reisch nor Cadle were aware of the Oxy narrative by as late as October and March of this year respectively.
Chris Watts: Religion And Premeditated Plan?
Chris Watts – PreMeditation or Rage?
3. The Psychology of an Incel
October 22nd, 2019
ABC’s Coverage of the Chris Watts case
October 19th, 2019
1. TCRS Theory on Watts Family Murders [First Published on March 9, 2019]
2. #6: “The Foxy Knoxy nickname had nothing to do with sex” – Debunking Gladwell’s Analysis
October 18th, 2019
1. Chris Watts Talks To News Reporters – EP1 The Devil Beside Me – Dr. Phil
The Watts Children Weren’t Smothered at the Well Site
“Nikki Was There!” – Debunked by TCRS
2. Judges grapple with misconduct claims in Jodi Arias case – WFXRtv.com
October 17th, 2019
The Devil Beside Me: The Chris Watts Story – Husband, Father, Killer – Dr Phil
2. Sentencing procedures continue for convicted rapist Nicholas Ninow – News24
October 16th, 2019
1. Chris Watts is smarter – and dumber – than you think
October 14th, 2019
1. Chris & Shan’ann Watts – UNEQUALLY YOKED
October 13th, 2019
2. 20 years ago today:
1999: In Boulder, Colo., the JonBenet Ramsey grand jury was dismissed after 13 months of work with prosecutors saying there wasn’t enough evidence to charge anyone in the 6-year-old beauty queen’s 1996 slaying.
October 12th, 2019
1. Chris Watts OBLIVION – Audio Excerpt of Book 8 read by the Author
October 10th, 2019
1. Guest Post: More Details on the Oxy in the Watts Home – CrimeRocket2
3. Take 2: A second look at the case against Casey Anthony – wesh.com
October 9th, 2019
1. Discovery Shows Another Attempt Chris Watts tried to cause a Miscarriage
October 8th, 2019
1. Debunking Gladwell’s Analysis of Amanda Knox: #4 “Shockingly inept?”
2. Convicted Killer Jodi Arias May Get New Trial Due To Prosecutor Misconduct – The Daily Wire
October 7th, 2019
1. Scott Reisch Interviews Cheryln Cadle – CrimeRocket2
The residence was initially scheduled to be auctioned off on April 17 over failure to pay principal and interest. However, that date was postponed to September 18, then October 23, and now, has again been moved to January 8….
October 6th, 2019
1. Shan’ann’s Oxy from the Basement Medicine Bin was used on Bella and Ceecee – TCRS
Coming Soon in October…
October 5th, 2019
October 4th, 2019
1. Author of Letters From Christopher, Cheryln Cadle
October 3rd, 2019
2. True crime fails when it treats trauma as entertainment – NBC News
Debunking Gladwell’s Analysis of Amanda Knox: #3 [Part 2]
3. ‘Joker’ Is a Risk, but a Calculated One, for Warner Bros. – New York Times
Chris Watts – ANNIHILATION
2. Amber Guyger’s Texts Revealed In Sentencing